Macomb County elections result Web site offers email and text updates, personalized results, and a new “watch list”
The Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds today announced her “personalized election results” Website will be enhanced tomorrow night after the polls close at 8 p.m. The county’s election results Website will have a “My ballot” section, where voters can see election results for the races appearing on their specific ballot, and a “My Watch List” section, where voters can pick specifics races to watch. All election results are unofficial until the Macomb County Board of Canvassers certifies the results within two weeks of the election.
“This is a new way for voters to find out which candidates appearing on their ballot won,” said the Macomb County Clerk. “Our new watch list service also makes it easy to monitor specific races throughout the county.”
Tomorrow night you can also choose to receive email and text notification of results for the races you choose when 25%, 50%, and/or 75% of the precincts have reported, or whenever the lead changes, or after the final precinct in a particular race has reported results.
By visiting the county clerk’s Web site http://clerk.macombgov.org/ after 8 p.m. Tuesday and clicking, “Election Results,” you will have the option to view traditional results, listed by office, then by district; or, the option to click, “My Ballot,” or “My Watch List.” You can also see voter turnout and the times local clerks report results.
The Macomb County Clerk used Google Maps technology to parse the addresses and has led the county in implementing Google Apps for Government, which is now the county standard.
A screenshot showing the elections results Web page appears below:
A screenshot showing the “My Ballot” and “My Watch List” feature is below:
A screenshot showing the notification triggers appears below:
If the images do not display properly, click here:
Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds Carmella has a record of election administration innovation, including:
- Competitively bidding election supplies, saving taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Implementing an online anti-fraud absent voter tracking system to let voters track their absent ballots and confirm local clerks receive it in time to be counted.
- Hiring student election inspectors, letting students learn and earn, and training a new generation of poll workers.
- Placing Macomb County among the most accountable in Michigan by putting county and local candidates' campaign finance reports on the Internet free of charge.
- Promoting absent voting to those legally entitled to do so, including making it easier for overseas military members to cast an absent voter ballot.
- Posting a “naughty list” online of those who owe fines to the county for campaign finance law violations.
- Accepting fax filing for campaign finance reports and payments.
Receiving National Association of Counties “good government” awards for campaign finance workshops, putting campaign finance reports on the Web, student election inspectors, and the online absent voter tracking system.
Editor’s note: The unofficial elections results Website link will not be available until after the polls close at 8 p.m.
Out of State: 310-575-5035