Welcome to the "Recording Requirements" page of the Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds website. Below you will find information on how to properly record deeds, mortgages, lis pendens, certified copies of court documents or other instruments in Macomb County.
CLICK HERE for a list of common document problems
NOTE: Please use the correct RETURN TO address. Many documents are being returned to the Register Of Deeds Office due to a wrong and/or "bad" address. Recording Requirements
1. Signatures must be original and names must be typed, stamped or printed beneath all written signatures. MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1(a)
3. Instruments conveying or mortgaging any interest in real estate shall cite the marital status of any male grantors. MCLA 565.221
7. A certified copy of the death certificate or proof of death must be recorded when the instrument of conveyance cites “survivor” or "deceased" in the grantor’s section. MCLA 565.48
9. The first page must have 2 ½” margin at top of document and ½” margin on all remaining sides of each page. MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1(f)(i) If the first page requirement is not met, you must include a cover page with the title of the document on it and an additional page fee of $3.00 will be charged.
10. DEFINITION OF A PAGE: One side of a single sheet of white paper no smaller than 8 ½" x 11" and no larger than 8 ½" x 14" with print no smaller than 10 point type which shall be legible and on paper of 20 pound weight. All print must be in black ink. MCLA 565.201 Sec. 1(f)(iii-vi)