Welcome to the Birth Records Information page of the Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds website. Below you will find information on "How to Obtain A Certified Copy Of A Macomb County Birth Record."
- CLICK HERE for Birth Records "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs).
How To Obtain A Certified Copy Of A Macomb County Birth Record
Macomb County birth records are not public records and can only be obtained by the individual, parents of the individual, a legal guardian of the individual, an heir if the individual is deceased and relationship is shown or a court with a court order. Records are available for Macomb County births ONLY.
- Requesting person must present valid photo identification (driver's license) or three pieces of identification (one piece of photo identification must be included). Individuals under the age of 15 are unable to request a copy of their own birth record.
- $15.00 -- one certified copy
- $5.00 -- additional certified copy of same record
- Method of payments accepted: cash, check (payable to "Macomb County Clerk"), VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
Requests can be made in person, by mail, or with a credit card via online or fax.
- CLICK HERE to request a copy of a Macomb County birth certificate safely and securely online using your credit card or PayPal.
- Visit the Macomb County Clerk's Offices at 40 North Main (first floor of the Macomb County Court Building) in Downtown Mount Clemens. CLICK HERE for directions to the Macomb County Clerk's Office.
- Write a letter stating the required information or CLICK HERE to print the order form. Enclose a check or money order. Mail to Macomb County Clerk, Attn: Birth Records, 40 North Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043.
Vital Records Verification Security Check
- CLICK HERE to verify whether a Macomb County vital record has actually been issued by the Macomb County Clerk, reducing the risk of fraud and preventing identity theft.
- Not Born in Macomb County -- If you were born in Michigan but not in Macomb County, contact the State of Michigan's Vital Records registry to get your record: Michigan Department of Health and Human Services To find a non-Michigan birth record, you must contact the Vital Records Office for that state. CLICK HERE for a list of these offices.
- Born to Single Mother -- If you were born prior to 1980 AND your mother was not married at the time of your birth, you MUST contact the State of Michigan’s vital records registry to get your record. http://www.michigan.gov/mdch
- Adoptions -- If you were adopted before 1980, you MUST contact the State of Michigan’s vital records registry to get your record. http://www.michigan.gov/mdch
- Legal Name Change -- If you had a legal name change, you can correct or change your birth certificate by contacting the State of Michigan's vital records registry. Lansing would then file the corrected copy with the county. http://www.michigan.gov/mdch
- Adding a Father -- To add a father to a Michigan birth certificate, CLICK HERE to download the State of Michigan "Add a Father" Application Form or contact the State of Michigan at (517) 335-8660.
- Affidavit of Parentage -- This form can be used to establish the parentage of a child and may be used to have information on the father of a child added to the certificate of birth for the child. This affidavit may be completed at the time of the child’s birth or at any other time after the birth. CLICK HERE to download this form.
- ADDRESS: Clerk's Office, 1st Floor
120 N Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043
- PHONE: (586) 469-5120
- FAX: (877) 443-9505
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- CLICK HERE to download the Macomb County Vital Records Request Form and Instructions (PDF)