Welcome to the Death Records Information page of the Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds website. Below you will find information on how to search death records in Macomb County and "How to Obtain A Certified Copy Of A Macomb County Death Record. "
- CLICK HERE for Death Records "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs).
How To Obtain A Certified Copy Of A Macomb County Death Record
Macomb County death records are not available for viewing, but may be purchased by anyone. Records are available for Macomb County deaths ONLY. Requests can be made in person, by mail, and with a credit card via online or fax.
- Required information: Name of decedent, date of death, place of death.
- $15.00 -- one certified copy
- $5.00 -- additional certified copy of same record
- Method of payments accepted: cash, check (payable to "Macomb County Clerk"), VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
Requests can be made in person, by mail, or with a credit card via online or fax.
- CLICK HERE to request a copy of a Macomb County death certificate safely and securely online using your credit card.
- Visit the Macomb County Clerk's Offices at 40 North Main (first floor of the Macomb County Court Building) in Downtown Mount Clemens. CLICK HERE for directions to the Macomb County Clerk's Office.
- Write a letter stating the required information or CLICK HERE to print the order form. Enclose a check or money order. Mail to Macomb County Clerk, Attn: Death Records, 40 North Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043.
Out of County Deaths
- CLICK HERE for the Michigan Department of Community Health's Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce Records.
Vital Records Verification Security Check
- CLICK HERE to verify whether a Macomb County vital record has actually been issued by the Macomb County Clerk, reducing the risk of fraud and preventing identity theft.
- ADDRESS: Clerk's Office, 1st Floor
120 N Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043
- PHONE: (586) 469-5120
- FAX: (877) 443-9505
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLICK HERE to download the Macomb County Vital Records Request Form and Instructions (PDF)