PLEASE NOTE! During the State of Emergency, CLICK HERE to contact the Virtual Clerk's Office, and one of our staff will respond ASAP!
Pursuant to the recent Emergency Declaration made by the Macomb County Executive and the State of Michigan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as today's public advisory issued by the White House to avoid groups of more than 10 people, the following service adjustments for the Macomb County Clerk & Register of Deeds Office effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
Macomb County Register of Deeds Office (located at 120 N. Main St., First Floor) will be closed to the public (staff still on hand to process documents).
- Real Estate recordings continue to be accepted and processed through Erecording or the U.S. Mail.
- Certified copy requests of recorded documents are accepted through the U.S. Mail (CLICK HERE for form)
- Additionally, Land Records search and requests for copies of real estate recorded documents are still available by CLICKING HERE.
Macomb County Vital Records Division (located at 120 N. Main St. First Floor) will be closed to the public (staff still on hand to process documents).
- Notarized DBA Applications (Sole Proprietorship, Co-Partnership, Dissolution) can be submitted through the U.S. Mail.
- Requests for copies of birth, death, marriage and business records can be submitted either through the U.S. Mail or on-line through the office website.
- Marriage license applications and Notary Public applications can also be mailed. After reviewing instructions and you need more help, CLICK HERE to contact the Virtual Clerk's Office, and one of our staff will respond ASAP!
- Customers seeking CPL renewals will be directed to the MSP website. PIN NUMBERS CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR RENEWAL LETTER.
- First-time CPL applications cannot be processed at this time as the Records Office of the Sheriff Department is not conducting fingerprinting for this purpose at this time.
The Macomb County Election Department (located at 32 Market St.) will be closed to the public.
- We encourage everyone to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Campaign Finance late fees will not be assessed during the closure.
- Notarized Candidates' Affidavits of Identity can be submitted by mail.
The Macomb County Clerk Court Section, including the Jury Room, (located at 40 N. Main St.), in following the directive issued by the State Court Administrative Office, is closed to the public.
CLICK HERE to review court order regarding COVID-19 State of Emergency.
- The Clerk's Office Court Section will be accepting filings via U.S. mail, via e-filing, via e-mail, or via fax filing. Convenience fees are waived until April 13, 2020. CLICK HERE for more information about filing options.
Customers are presented options for conducting business with the Court remotely including fax filing, the fees for which will be waived for the extent of the emergency. Any document that is not required to be e-filed may be filed by U.S. Mail or facsimile.
These measures are not taken lightly but are proposed to best protect the health of customers and employees alike. Staff resources will be redeployed to add capacity to field email and phone inquiries from the public and to provide for continuity of services throughout this time.
virtual clerk's office now open during the state of emergency
During the declared State of Emergency, Macomb County Clerk & Register of Deeds Fred Miller is opening the “Virtual Clerk’s Office.”
This is an easy way Macomb County residents can continue to get most of our services while our buildings have limited access.
CLICK HERE to contact the Virtual Clerk's Office, and one of our staff will respond ASAP!
CLICK HERE to contact the Virtual Clerk's Office,
and one of our staff will respond ASAP!