Marriage Application System During Building Closure
IMPORTANT NOTICE! The Macomb County Vital Records Division (located at 120 N. Main St. First Floor) is currently closed to the public.
Please follow these basic steps to apply for a marriage license:
1) Use the "Online Creation Tool" to create your Affidavit of Marriage (please do this only once).
2) Use the "Online File Tool" to upload your NOTARIZED Affidavit of Marriage, driver's licenses of both applicants and other documents to the Clerk's Office (please do this only once).
- LAUNCH ONLINE FILING TOOL
- You may also send the Affidavit of Marriage by mail (Macomb County Clerk, Attn: Marriage Records, 120 North Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043), but please note that this will add 7-10 days to the application process. CLICK HERE for more information.
3) Three copies of your marriage license (good for 33 days) will be returned to you via U.S. Mail.
PLEASE ALLOW TWO TO THREE WEEKS PROCESSING TIME!
ALERT! PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE CLERK’S OFFICE FOR APPLICATION STATUS UPDATES!
How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Record During Building Closure
- CLICK HERE to request a copy of a Macomb County marriage license safely and securely online using your credit card. Please note: Marriage records are available for those who filed applications in Macomb County.
REQUESTS BY MAIL
- Request a copy of a Marriage License by writing a letter including the required information (applicant names and the date of marriage), and enclose a check or money order. Mail to Macomb County Clerk, Attn: Marriage Records, 120 North Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043. Please note: Marriage records are available for those who filed applications in Macomb County.
Ballot Safety in Macomb County
Macomb County Clerk Fred Miller would like to show you how we can work together to ensure that your vote is counted on Election Day!