For the quickest service, contact the Virtual Clerk's Office, and one of our staff will respond ASAP during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday) CLICK HERE
- Mailing Address: Macomb County Birth Records Desk, 120 North Main Street, Mount Clemens, MI 48043
Macomb County birth records are not public records and can only be obtained by the individual, parents of the individual, a legal guardian of the individual, an heir if the individual is deceased and relationship is shown or a court with a court order. Records are available for Macomb County births ONLY.
Requests can be made by mail or online with a credit card.
Request A Copy Online
CLICK HERE to request a copy of a Macomb County birth certificate safely and securely online using your credit card.
Request A Copy By Mail
Write a letter stating the required information or CLICK HERE to print the order form. Enclose a check or money order. Mail to Macomb County Clerk, Attn: Birth Records, 120 North Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043.
Vital Records Verification Security Check
CLICK HERE to verify whether a Macomb County vital record has actually been issued by the Macomb County Clerk, reducing the risk of fraud and preventing identity theft.
Vital Records Request Form
- Requesting person must present valid photo identification (driver's license) or three pieces of identification (one piece of photo identification must be included). Individuals under the age of 15 are unable to request a copy of their own birth record.
- Name of person on birth record, father's name, mother's maiden name, date of birth and city of birth.
- Appropriate certified copy fee
- $15.00 -- one certified copy
- $5.00 -- additional certified copy of same record
- Method of payments accepted: cash, check, VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Please make checks payable to: "Macomb County Clerk."
Not Born in Macomb County - If you were born in Michigan but not in Macomb County, contact the State of Michigan's Vital Records registry to get your record:Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
To find a non-Michigan birth record, you must contact the Vital Records Office for that state. CLICK HERE for a list of these offices.
Born to Single Mother - If you were born prior to 1980 AND your mother was not married at the time of your birth, you MUST contact the State of Michigan’s vital records registry to get your record.
Adoptions - If you were adopted before 1980, you MUST contact the State of Michigan’s vital records registry to get your record.
Legal Name Change - If you had a legal name change, you can correct or change your birth certificate by contacting the State of Michigan's vital records registry. Lansing would then file the corrected copy with the county.
Adding a Father - To add a father to a Michigan birth certificate,
CLICK HERE to download the State of Michigan "Add a Father" Application Form or contact the State of Michigan at (517) 335-8660.
Affidavit of Parentage - This form can be used to establish the parentage of a child and may be used to have information on the father of a child added to the certificate of birth for the child. This affidavit may be completed at the time of the child’s birth or at any other time after the birth. CLICK HERE to download this form.