Birth Records Information Page
For the quickest service, contact the Virtual Clerk's Office, for online services, talk with one of our staff, or make an appointment during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday)
- Mailing Address: Macomb County Birth Records Desk, 120 North Main Street, Mount Clemens, MI 48043
How To Obtain A Certified Copy Of A Macomb County Birth Record
Macomb County birth records are not public records and can only be obtained by the individual, parents of the individual, a legal guardian of the individual, an heir if the individual is deceased and relationship is shown or a court with a court order. Records are available for Macomb County births ONLY.
Requests can be made by mail or online with a credit card.
Request A Copy Online
- Request a copy of a Macomb County birth certificate safely and securely online using your credit card.
Request A Copy By Mail
Write a letter stating the required information or print the order form. Enclose a check or money order. Mail to Macomb County Clerk, Attn: Birth Records, 120 North Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043.
Make an Appointment
- Make an appointment to visit the Macomb County Clerk's Office Vital Records Department at 120 N Main in Mount Clemens.
Vital Records Request Form
- Download the Macomb County Vital Records Request Form (PDF)
- Requesting person must present valid photo identification (driver's license) or three pieces of identification (one piece of photo identification must be included). Individuals under the age of 15 are unable to request a copy of their own birth record.
- Name of person on birth record, father's name, mother's maiden name, date of birth and city of birth.
- Appropriate certified copy fee
- $15.00 -- one certified copy
- $5.00 -- additional certified copy of same record
- Method of payments accepted: cash, check, VISA, Mastercard and Discover.
- Please make checks payable to: "Macomb County Clerk."
Not Born in Macomb County - If you were born in Michigan but not in Macomb County, visit the State of Michigan’s vital records registry website.
To find a non-Michigan birth record, you must contact the Vital Records Office for that state. Contact info for Vital Records Offices
Born to Single Mother - If you were born prior to 1980 AND your mother was not married at the time of your birth, visit the State of Michigan’s vital records registry website.
Adoptions - If you were adopted before 1980, visit the State of Michigan’s vital records registry website.
Legal Name Change - If you had a legal name change, you can correct or change your birth certificate by visiting the State of Michigan's vital records registry website. Lansing would then file the corrected copy with the county.
Adding a Father - To add a father to a Michigan birth certificate,
download the State of Michigan "Add a Father" Application Form or contact the State of Michigan at (517) 335-8660.
Affidavit of Parentage - This form can be used to establish the parentage of a child and may be used to have information on the father of a child added to the certificate of birth for the child. This affidavit may be completed at the time of the child’s birth or at any other time after the birth. Download the Affidavit of Parentage form