The Macomb County Clerk is designated as the Clerk of the Macomb County Circuit Court and assists in the Court with its many functions. The Circuit Court section of the Clerk's Office handles the filing of new civil, domestic, and criminal cases and maintains all of the existing case files for the 16th Judicial Circuit Court. All documents filed with the court are put on the computer system daily. Files may be accessed by the public at the counter of the County Clerk Circuit Court section File Room.
CLICK HERE for Circuit Court Help or click on one of the links below:
CourtView Public Access Case Look-Up
- CLICK HERE for common Circuit Court case codes and abbreviations
- CLICK HERE for Macomb County Circuit Court Judges' Initials.
- CLICK HERE for more information about the Macomb County Circuit Court
The Macomb County Clerk is not responsible for and does not maintain the public access CourtView web site.
Ordering and Filing Circuit Court Documents
Expand the menus below for information on how to order and file Circuit Court documents and how to download common Circuit Court forms.
Ordering Circuit Court Documents
Macomb County Circuit Court documents can be ordered online, by fax or mail or in person at the Macomb County Circuit Court Building DIRECTIONS
Fax or Mail
CLICK HERE to order Circuit Court Documents by Fax or Mail (pdf)
CLICK HERE to order Circuit Court Documents Online
Filing Circuit Court Documents
The Circuit Court section of the Clerk's Office handles the filing of new civil, domestic, and criminal cases for the 16th Judicial Circuit Court as well as the filing of any future pleadings within those cases. All documents filed with the court are put on the computer system daily. CLICK HERE to access the Circuit Court Case Look-Up to see if filings have been received.
Filing In Person -- Court documents may be filed in person at the Macomb County Clerk's Office (first floor of the Circuit Court Building), 40 North Main in Downtown Mount Clemens. CLICK HERE for directions. CLICK HERE for Circuit Court Section and Circuit Court File Room hours.
Filing By Mail -- Court documents may also be mailed to the Circuit Court Section, Macomb County Clerk's Office, 40 North Main (1st Floor), Mount Clemens, MI 48043. A cover letter is not required, but it may be helpful to include a letter containing filer's information, case information, payment information and all appropriate filing and copy fees.
CLICK HERE for a list of Macomb County Circuit Court Fees.
Fax Filing -- Court documents may also be filed by fax. CLICK HERE to download the Macomb County Circuit Court Fax Filing Cover Sheet (with instructions). Fax completed form to 586-408-6027.
eFiling -- E-filings can be submitted around the clock and will be dated for the date submitted regardless of the time. All Civil Cases, DO (divorce without minor children) and PPO (PP, PH, PJ) cases are e-file. E-file case initiation is only available for PPO case types. All other cases have to be initiated by paper.
CLICK HERE to launch eFiling web site.
- FAX FILING -- Circuit Court Fax Filing Form pdf
- MOTION -- Macomb County "Request for Hearing on a Motion"
- NAME CHANGE -- Name Change Form pdf
- PPO -- Personal Protection Order (PPO) Forms
- PUBLICATION of Notice of Hearing (PC 563)
- SCAO -- State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) Approved Court Forms
- MORE Macomb County Circuit Court Forms
Other Important Links
- APPEALS -- Michigan Court of Appeals
- BANKRUPTCY -- United States Bankruptcy Court (Eastern District of Michigan)
- CIRCUIT COURT -- More information about the Macomb County Circuit Court
- CIRCUIT COURT CODES and abbreviations
- CRIMINAL RECORDS -- Search criminal history records
- DISTRICT COURTS
- DIVORCE CASES -- Information about divorce cases
- FEES -- Macomb County Circuit Court fees
- FRIEND of the Court information
- JUDGES' motion dates and times
- JUDGES' INITIALS
- LEGAL AIDE -- Phone (877) 964-4700
- LEGAL HELP -- "Michigan Legal Help" Self-Help Tools
- MACOMB COUNTY BAR Lawyer Referral -- Phone (586) 468-8300
- NAME CHANGE -- Download the Name Change Form and instructions
- PPO -- Information about Personal Protection Orders
- SCAO -- Michigan State Court Administrator's Office
- STATS -- Circuit Court filing statistics by case group
- STATE BAR of Michigan
- STATUTES -- Copies of Michigan Statutes
- SUPREME COURT of Michigan