For the quickest service, contact the Virtual Clerk's Office, for online services, talk with one of our staff, or make an appointment during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday) CLICK HERE
- Mailing Address: Macomb County Death Records, 120 North Main Street, Mount Clemens, MI 4804
Welcome to the Death Records Information page of the Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds website. Below you will find information on how to search death records in Macomb County and "How to Obtain A Certified Copy Of A Macomb County Death Record. "
CLICK HERE for Macomb County COVID-19 Death Statistics
Macomb County death records are not available for viewing, but may be purchased by anyone. Records are available for Macomb County deaths ONLY. Requests can be made by mail or online with a credit card.
Request A Copy Online
CLICK HERE to request a copy of a Macomb County death certificate safely and securely online using your credit card.
Request A Copy By Mail
Write a letter stating the required information, and enclose a check or money order. Mail to Macomb County Clerk, Attn: Death Records, 120 North Main, Mount Clemens, MI 48043.
Request A Copy In Person
CLICK HERE to make an appointment to visit the Macomb County Clerk's Office Vital Records Department at 120 N Main in Mount Clemens.
Vital Records Request Form
- Name of decedent, date of death, place of death
- Appropriate certified copy fee
- $15.00 -- one certified copy
- $5.00 -- additional certified copy of same record
- Method of payments accepted: cash, check, VISA, Mastercard and Discover.
- Please make checks payable to: "Macomb County Clerk."
Out-of-County Death Records
CLICK HERE for the Michigan Department of Community Health's Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce Records.